All Saints’ Memorial Garden provides a place for the interment of ashes after cremation. It is a secluded Churchyard, bordered and enhanced by natural plantings appropriate to the historic architecture of the Church.

The Memorial Garden is a modern conception of the ancient Churchyard where ashes of Episcopalians, and members of their families and friends may be interred close by the altar of God and close to the Church family. Those whose ashes are buried here are remembered at the altar on All Saints’ Sunday (the first Sunday in November).

Many parishes in the Church of England include a gateway at the entrance to the church yard or parish cemetery. Our Lych-Gate was added to the Memorial Garden in June of 2013. The gate was given by Judy Coffield in memory of her brother, Herb Bills.

Land Acknowledgement

Christians have been praying together at what is now the corner of Grand and Hoffman Streets in Saugatuck, Michigan, since 1869. Prior to that time, the Potawatomi, Ottawa, and Ojibwe peoples resided here on what is still unceded territory…

LEARN MORE!

Our Historic Building

All Saints’ Episcopal Church is a particularly well-preserved example of the board-and-batten, “carpenter-gothic,” or Gothic Revival church of the nineteenth century.

LEARN MORE!