The Creation Care Ministry Team glorifies and magnifies the Kingdom of God by acknowledging our Creator and pledging to be good stewards of all creation.
The Creation Care Team works to bring beneficial ecological practices to everything we do at All Saints. We are, in effect, the “green team” for All Saints. Because All Saints has made a commitment to care for this fragile earth, our island home, the Creation Care team seeks to bring ecological and environmental thoughtfulness to everything we do.
What does this look like? The team assists in evaluating how we use our resources by bringing ecological thriving to our decision-making, provides education opportunities for the parish and our surrounding community, by participating in the Climate Witness Project, and completing our commitments as an anchor church and certified green faith community for Interfaith Action of Southwest Michigan.
How does this work? Some examples:
- removing turf grass and installing a native plant pollinator garden for insect wildlife habitat
- our “to go” communion bread is delivered in bio-degradable packaging rather than plastic
- open event for community education about our lake and river levels and climate change
- designing and producing a beautiful reusable All Saints’ tote bag
- evaluating current practices at All Saints such as ensuring cleaning products are “green” as possible
- providing weekly Creation Care Suggestions on a wide range of topics, to both educate our parish community and provide practical tips on caring for the environment in our everyday lives
- sponsoring an All Saints’ Blue Star adopt-a-highway cleanup team